Close this search box.

R Visas for Temporary Religious Workers

Table of Contents

Who Qualifies For An R Visa?

The R-2 visa category is for foreign nationals who enter the United States temporarily: 

  • Be employed at least part time (average of at least 20 hours per week) by a non-profit religious organization in the United States
  • With an organization which is affiliated with the religious denomination in the United States). 
  •  The R-1 visa holder must enter the U.S. to work as a or in a religious vocation or occupation.

R-1 Visa Criteria

To qualify, the foreign national must:

“D’Alessio Law Group provided phenomenal client service while delivering successful results during the approval of both my O-1 Visa and Green Card (immigration from Canada to the United States of America). 

Leslie, Lorraine, and Kelly are notable for their vast range of experience and reliable response times during the lengthy and often daunting immigration process.”

Joseph Procopio – Google Review

google reviews
  • Have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least 2 years immediately preceding the filing of the petition.
  • Every petition for an R-1 worker must be filed by a prospective or existing U.S. employer.
  • There are certain requirements which must be satisfied by the petitioning organization as well as by the religious worker, the beneficiary of the petition.

We Are Here For You

Don't Experiment with your Future By Taking The Immigration Complexities & Process Alone. Trust A Professional.

Skip to content