Close this search box.

F-1 Student Visas

Table of Contents

Understanding the Student Visa

“D’Alessio Law Group provided phenomenal client service while delivering successful results during the approval of both my O-1 Visa and Green Card (immigration from Canada to the United States of America). 

Leslie, Lorraine, and Kelly are notable for their vast range of experience and reliable response times during the lengthy and often daunting immigration process.”

Joseph Procopio – Google Review

google reviews

If you wish to pursue full time academic or vocational studies in the United States, you may be eligible for one of two nonimmigrant student categories.  The F category is for academic students and the M is for vocational students. 

If you wish to participate in an exchange program you may be eligible for the “J” category for exchange visitors. The J visa program is for educational and cultural exchange programs. For more information, please see the Exchange Visitor Visa page on the Department of State website.

Many colleges and universities have an international students office with staff who assist foreign students with visa matters.  We recommend that you utilize that assistance and also do your own research to insure that your visa paperwork is being handled correctly.  If you encounter any issues or have questions that cannot be resolved by your student advisor, we recommend consulting an experienced immigration attorney.

We Are Here For You

Don't Experiment with your Future By Taking The Immigration Complexities & Process Alone. Trust A Professional.

Skip to content